Every year, as the holidays end, Jonah and I end up finding ourselves in a money crunch as January moves along. Many of our car bills, insurance and other once a year things need to be paid and the squeeze is on.
I had the absolutely brilliant idea to spread the buying of gifts out over the months preceding Christmas so that our funds were a little more available after December was over. I made my lists and crossed things off. I even wrapped ALL the gifts before December started! I was on a roll! Until Christmas Eve came around and I was organizing the gifts to place them under the tree. This is when I discovered that I had completely forgotten to buy a gift for one son. Like, nothing to open on Christmas day.
To say I was disturbed is an understatement. I was absolutely horrified that I had actually overlooked a gift for my precious boy. It all worked out in the end but this will go down as one of my major parenting fails. What do you consider your major parenting fail?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment